Fine dining is not only an exquisite pleasure for special occasions, but can also be the highlight of a romantic Budapest getaway. Budapest has several fine dining places, let’s see which are the most popular and best restaurants in the fine dining category in Budapest, Hungary.
Budapest Restaurants: Fine Dining
The fine dining restaurants in Budapest feature high quality decor in both their interior design (and oftentimes in the architecture too), and their table set too. If you touch the material of the table cloth, you will feel that even the textile of the cloth has been picked to appeal to the skin and the eye. Likewise, the fine dining cutlary, the porcelain, the candle stick or the candle holder, the carpets you are walking on, the chair you are sitting on – each detail is whispering ‘you are in a special place and you are special’. Fine dining restaurants in Budapest, just like anywhere else in the world have a strict dressing code (formal for dinner time, and semi-formal or formal clothing for lunch time).
Apart from the high end decor and dining details, you can expect the best quality raw materials in your gourmet or top quality dishes, which are also presented to the eyes in the most appealing ways possible. The whole atmosphere of fine dining restaurants radiates from a professional spirit, a sort of dedication to the highest culinary experience. The skilled chefs – who oftentimes worked in multi starred Michelin restaurants all over Europe to learn from the best chefs – will know what your fine dining palate will be most satisfied with. Sommeliers recommend the best wines matching your food, etc.
For some eating in a fine dining restaurant may feel too formal and stiff, for others, it is the most natural noble treatment they deserve. Before you book your table in a fine dining restaurant, it is worth finding out if your dinner or lunch partner feels the same way about formal dining and wearing formal clothes as you do. The key to a happy fine dining in Budapest (e.g. if you are celebrating your anniversary, a special birthday, or just enjoying a lavish romantic Budapest getaway), is the relaxed attitude towards enjoying your meals and drinks in such a luxurious and special restaurant.
Now, let’s see some of the recommended fine dining places to eat in Budapest, Hungary:
- Onyx Restaurant Budapest (1 Michelin star restaurant in Budapest) – by Vorosmarty square, downtown
- Costes Restaurant Budapest (1 Michelin star restaurant in Budapest) – by the Great Market Hall and the Liberty Bridge
- Arany Kaviar Russian restaurant – by the Buda Castle, Budapest (one of the best restaurants in Budapest)
- New York Salon fine dining restaurant (in the historical and lushly gilded New York Cafe – Boscolo Hotel by Blaha Square),
- Tigris Restaurant international fine dining (in the heart of the city, close the Chain Bridge),
- Muzeum Restaurant Hungarian fine dining (‘old world charm’ sort of fine dining by Astoria Square and the Hungarian National Museum),
- La Plaza Spanish Restaurant (in the Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest on Szabadsag Square, downtown Budapest, close to the Hungarian Parliament)
- Halaszbastya Restaurant international fine dining with the most stunning panoramic views you can wish for in Budapest (on and in the Fisherman’s Bastion),
- Babel Delicate Restaurant international fine dining (soon to reopen on Marcius 15 Square by the Elisabeth Bridge, downtown Budapest).
Happy fine dining in Budapest, and let us know about your restaurant opinions and fine dining experience. Do these restaurants in Budapest really deserve to be recommended as the best fine dining culinary establishments in Budapest? Are there any that you have been to and is worth mentioning? Is there a recently opened fine dining restaurant in Budapest that exceeds your expectations?
Share your reviews, rating, ravings, joys below in the comments, please.