Budapest Taxi Guide
Budapest Taxi Numbers? Call a reliable cab in Budapest Hungary! If you have already made a little research into Budapest Hungary, you must have heard that it is a rip-off to hail down a taxi on the street off-handedly in Budapest. Instead, you are much better off and safer if you choose one of the official Hungarian cab companies as they will try to live up to their brand and ensure some quality (ISO 9001) at least. Lonely taxi driver wolves may not be fair with the taxi fares (e.g. may overcharge you at the end of the journey). Unfortunately, there are several sad stories of ‘naive’ Budapest travelers taken in by unscrupulous cab drivers who do not belong to a taxi clan. So first of all, here is a listing of the major taxi companies you may wish to call in Budapest Hungary. Check out the DOS and DONTS for Budapest taxis page.
Budapest Taxi Listing
The phone numbers of the taxi companies are shown with the international codes. If you call the taxi from a Hungarian telephone, use 06 instead of 00-36.
- BudaPest Taxi cab services 00-36-1-4-333-333
- City Taxi cab services 00-36-1-2-111-111
- Fotaxi cab services 00-36-1-2-222-222
- Mobil Taxi cab services 00-36-1-333-1757
- Radio Taxi cab services 00-36-1-3-777-777
- Taxi 2000 cab services 00-36-1-2-000-000
- Taxi4 cab services 00-36-1-4-444-444
- Tele5 Taxi cab services 00-36-1-5-555-555
- Volan Taxi cab services 00-36-1-4-3333-22
- ZONA Taxi cab services 00-36-1-3-655-555
- 6×6 Taxi cab services 00-36-1-2-666-666
Budapest Cab Fares
Budapest Taxi fares start with a basic fee of about 300 HUF (1.2 euros or 1.8 USD or 0.9 GBP), then added is the normal taxi rate of about 220-250 HUF per km (as of May 2008). Once you ordered the taxi, they usually arrive in 5 minutes and start to charge the waiting fare instantly, which is about 60 HUF/ minute, one fifth of the basic price.
Zona Taxi Budapest Airport Transfer: a step by step guide for the former official taxi company at Ferihegy Airport, Budapest Hungary. Zona Taxi is not the official taxi company in Budapest from December 2010 due to business issues.
The official new Budapest Airport taxi company is FOTAXI (Főtaxi). See the official website in the list above.