How much do things cost in Budapest Hungary?
Here are some quick approximate prices of drinks, meals, tickets, etc. in Budapest.
How much are Grocery prices?
Groceries are getting more and more expensive throughout the year as fuel prices are rising and costs of living are on the increase. Here are a few examples:
- Bread: 300-500 HUF/ kg
- Milk: 250-400 HUF/ litre
- Butter: 250-300 HUF/ 0.1kg (10 dkg)
- Cheeses: widely vary from 1700 – 5000 HUF / kg (sold by smaller portions too, and in prepacked slices)
As one would expect prices in Budapest bars, pubs and restaurants widely vary depending on the quality of service, the location, etc. Here are some average prices
- Beer: 2-5 euros in pubs, 1-2 euro in grocery shops.
- Wine: 2-8 euros per glass (2 dl) in restaurants and bars. Wines by the bottle in shops: 3-40 euros.
- Coffee: 1.5-4 euros in cafes.
- Dinners in non-touristy restaurans (e.g. a 3 course salad/ soup – main course – dessert) 12-20 euros. These are not Budapest Michelin restaurant prices of course.
- Take away menus (e.g. Burger King, McDonald’s) cost about 2-5 euros.
- Average Subway sandwich prices: 3-4 euros.
- Touristy or upscale restaurant meals (3 courses) 20-60 euros.
- Bath tickets: 12-21 euros. Read more about Budapest Baths prices.
- Bus – metro – tram tickets: 1.2 euro. Read more about Budapest Metro, Bus, Tram Ticket prices.
- Museum tickets: typically range between 5-15 euros.
- Wifi per hour: 1-4 euro, but several places has free wifi access.
- Hotel rooms: averaging around 65 euros.
- Hostel rooms: approx. 20-30 euros.
Last update: August, 2018
Please help us keep updated and informative. If there are any changes in the above, or you have any remarks, complaints, compliments regarding Prices and Costs of Living in Budapest, Hungary, please send your comment in below.