The M4 green metro line is the newest metro line in Budapest.
It connects South Buda with the city centre. It starts at the busy Kelenfoldi station and goes all the way to the city centre. You can visit some of the most beautiful tourist attractions using this metro line.
- Kelenfoldi Palyaudvar “Kelenfold Train station” connect lots of city buses and trains.
- Bikás park “The Park with Bulls” offers running tracks, tennis courts and dog walking park along with a lake and festivals during the spring-summer months. Why not visit the park for a picnic on the lakeside?
- Újbuda-központ (New Buda Center) stop is close to the Allee Plaza shopping mall and the Fehérvári Street Market where you can find some authentic Hungarian goods.
- Móricz Zsigmond Körtér “Móricz Zsigmond Round Square” stop is a busy tram station close to the river and Liberty Bridge. You can find a lot of bars, restaurants too. The Arboretum of Buda and the Feneketlen to “Bottomless Lake” is also in this area.
- Szent Gellért tér “Saint Gellert Square” is still on the Buda side where you can admit the Citadel, the Gellert Hill and Cave Church, and you can enjoy the wonderful views. Use this stop if you are visiting Gellert Spa Baths
- Fővám tér “Fővám Square” stop is located beneath the eponymous square. If you are looking for the Shopping avenue of Budapest, take this stop to visit Vaci Street with boutiques, cafes etc. The Great Market Hall is also nearby.
- Kálvin tér– “Kálvin square” could be the cultural stop of Metro 4. It is close to the National Museums, Universities, Metropolitan Library and second-hand bookshops.
- Rákóczi tér– “Rákóczi square” offers the authentic Boulevard with restaurants, pubs and shops.
- János Pál pápa tér “Pope John Paul II Square” is still close to the Boulevard
- Keleti pályaudvar “East Train station” is the main international and inter-city railway terminal of Budapest. The building was constructed between 1881 and 1884 as one of the most modern railway stations of Europe. The beautiful building has been partially renovated.